Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

The Night the Stars Fell


Dateline: 1833 - The Night the Stars Fell

November 12-13, 1833, a Leonid Meteor Shower filled the Alabama night sky. Sleeping citizens were awakened by the bright flashes of light and sonic booms. In 1934, Mitchell Parrish & Frank Perkins wrote the song "Stars Fell on Alabama" which was recorded by Billie Holliday, Frank Sinatra, and Jimmy Buffet.

We lived our little drama,
We kissed in a field of white,
And stars fell on Alabama last night.

I can't forget the glamor;
Your eyes held a tender light,
And stars fell on Alabama last night.

I never planned in my imagination
A situation so heavenly,
A fairyland where no one else could enter.

And in the center, just you and me.
My heart beat like a hammer;
My arms wound around you tight,
And stars fell on Alabama last night.


I don't have a snap of a meteor shower so this will have to do.

2 comments:

Daily Chicago Photo said...

This is a great shot. The perfect curl of the flag and the moon in the background. I didn't know that Billie Holiday and Frank Sinatra record Start Fell on Alabama. I'm only familiar with the Jimmy Buffett version.

Kerby said...

nice curl of flug.. nice shot