Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Down by the River

I cross this section of the river everyday on my way to work. I love the smooth, glassy water above the damn and the reflections of the old mill buildings. (The building in front of the newly painted water tower are the fancy, scmancy condos. River views cost $500,000. Too rich for my blood.) But because I am on my way to work I've never stopped to take any pictures. However, today was different. I took the tripod with me and made the decision to stop. Needless to say, I was about 1/2 hour late for work, but I don't take 90 minute lunches like many of my co-workers, so I guess I can get away with it this once. (Just don't tell my boss.)

Happy Friday everyone.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

Sure am glad you stopped, Barbara! This is a spectacular shot...you could frame it and hang it! Or sell it to the Chamber of Commerce!

Bon weekend to you!

Hilda said...

Thank you for taking that extra half hour. This is a wonderful photo! I love the smooth reflection and how the leaves and branches frame the top.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

cieldequimper said...

Yes thank you! The reflection is so perfect!