Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Theme Day - Empty

My company observes 'Lights Out Friday' which means we turn off lights in areas with plenty of natural light (we have recently upgraded to Lights Out Wednesday thru Friday because of the increased price per kilowatt from .18 to .38). Personally, I don't mind. The fluorescent lights bother me. While most of my co-workers agree that it makes sense financially and to reduce our carbon footprint, several of my co-workers don't really like it when the 'lights go out in Georgia'.

Click here to view thumbnails for all participants and their interpretation of 'empty'.

Post post clarification: We are not totally devoid of light. We do have task lighting in our cubes and we can bring in desk lamps if we need them.

7 comments:

Greg said...

Nice photo, i like the shadows



Greg
Hobart Daily
Bicheno Daily

Rambling Round said...

Interesting concept, but I would find it hard to work without some kind of artificial light inside! Then, it seems if you use the light from the windows, that would unnecessarily heat the building more and cause the use of more air conditioning. Some stores seem to be dimming their lights these days, and I don't like that either, and no, I'm not going blind! So, just give me light, but all the drink companies are welcome to return to glass bottles rather than plastic. Great post and something to think about!

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Good post! Saving energy is such a good idea. I do understand your discomfort with fluorescent light. I don't like it either.

cieldequimper said...

Great theme day shot!

Alisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ansari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ajelina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.