Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's the Real Thing

At the old Farmer's Market on 10th Ave is an Antique Mall. We popped in to look around and see what they had. This corner of the 'mall' had Coke memorabilia. In case you don't know, Coke was 'born' in Columbus, GA. Dr. John Pemberton reportedly sold his formula for Coke for $1750. I bet he's rolling over in his grave, which I will try to find and show you in the near future, as well as his home. As I was writing this post, I began to think about all the slogans used for Coke. These are the "few" that I can remember.

*** It's the real thing *** Things go better with coke *** I'd like to buy the world a coke *** Catch the wave ***

3 comments:

Jacob said...

Coca Cola has an interesting history...not all of it good. But I still drink it sometimes (the diet stuff).

Love the shot and the memorabilia!

cieldequimper said...

That's very cool. I would love that in my kitchen!

Rambling Round said...

Great display!