Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Another Victorian


This house is one of three that was relocated from High Uptown to Uptown area. Now maybe you are wondering, or maybe not, what the difference is between High Uptown and Uptown. My best guess is that High Uptown was where the business owners lived. The Uptown area is where the professionals lived, you know, lawyers, doctors, etc. I blogged the first of the three here.
I am a little surprised at the choice of paint colors. I believe the Historic Columbus Foundation has to approve your paint colors in the historic districts. Obviously, chartreuse and purple are on the 'approved' list.

5 comments:

Mo said...

I just love Victorians such a shame that color scheme.

Hilda said...

It's a beautiful house and your photos are stunning!

Rambling Round said...

Interesting color combination but they don't look too bad in the photo.

cieldequimper said...

Chartreuse? What a fantastically evocative name!
Those colours though they may be surprising don't look that shocking.

Joan Perry; Sidewalk Curator said...

Lovely but boy, I'd hate to have to paint it.