Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Theme Day - The Tenin Technique

Today CDP bloggers salute Eric Tenin, the father of city daily photo blogs. Eric is fond of angular shots as well as shots taken by placing his camera on the ground. This is a shot that I took recently of a sculpture at Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital in Minnesota. Unfortunately, I did not get the name of the sculpture or the artist and a search of the hospital website did not provide results either. This photo also represents the joy I get exploring my art as I try to find the child within.
To view other interpretations of the Tenin Technique click on the following link.

4 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

I'm quite sure that the sculptor's name is Paul Granlund. He used to be an artist in residence at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota. He's dead now but his large sculpture can be spotted all over Minnesota and beyond!

Jacob said...

Oh, I like this a lot...it is a great expression of joy and happiness...makes one feel good just looking at it.

Hilda said...

Your Tenin angle is absolutely perfect for this sculpture, Barb. The children look like they're really tumbling! Wonderful!

uncertainhorizon said...

I like that, rather unique.