Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Guitar Man

One of the musicians at the festival. 
Once upon a a time I was a musician. I played flute in band: concert and marching. I taught myself how to play the guitar (a little) while I was in high school as well. Then life seemed to get in the way, you know marriage, kids. When I finally made it to college, I took piano lessons. I like music and appreciate many different styles. On a side note, I always had trouble in math, but when I started playing my flute and learning how to read music, my math scores improved too.  

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

3 comments:

Steffe said...

Interesting that your math skills improved with the help of music.

Jacob said...

Beautiful portrait, and I love that guitar. I have played guitar and keyboards, but it's been awhile...

...my math skills did not improve, however... :-)

cieldequimper said...

Very nice portrait. My maths never got better.