Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bibb City Mill

I am cleaning up my hard drive and preparing to move older photos to an external storage device.
As I work I am finding a few gems. When I took this photo, I was practice shooting for HDR, but I never posted an HDR version on the blog. It has the surreal, apopcoliptic feel to it that I like. The Bibb City Mill was destroyed by a fire about three years ago. (It was a huge, hot fire. This building was almost a mile long.) It is believed that homeless people started a fire to keep warm and that the fire got away from them. 
The bricks and other salvagable materials are being recycled.
The fire is still under investigation.

5 comments:

Virginia said...

Lordy, you've made Phenix City look like Rome, and I don't mean , Georgia!
V

cieldequimper said...

Virginia took the words out of my mouth/keyboard!

Jacob said...

For goodness sake! Where have you been hiding this (oh, your hard drive!)...it does look like Roman ruins...

A majestic shot, Barb!

Rambling Round said...

Definitely one for the archives! Great photo. Don't lose it!

Rob said...

Excellent photo! Too bad about the mill. Same thing happened in Minneapolis with the old Gold medal flour mill. It's now part of a museum.