Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Camping by the River

For the most part, CDP bloggers keep to the "lighter side of the street", however this photo speaks to a situation that occurs with regular frequency in all parts of the U.S. Let me say that I was conflicted about publishing this photo, but does that mean I shouldn't publish it? People tend to ignore the more unpleasant aspects of life, even when it's staring them right in the lens. Sadly, I am more disturbed by the filth in which they are living than their homelessness. Take a little pride in yourself and your environment. All that trash and debris is going to bring rats (they are right next to the river) and snakes and oodles of other unpleasant things into the camping area. 

3 comments:

SRQ said...

I understand your hesitancy in posting this shot. You're right that most CDP bloggers keep to the lighter side. But, these difficult issues exist. It is disturbing to know anyone lives in such conditions.

cieldequimper said...

Tents are all over Paris. I have a bridge shot waiting to be posted with them. I don't see any reason why we shouldn't show the darker sides. Well done.

Jacob said...

That is a mess. But it certainly shows a part of life these days that most of us don't see. I think some people in these circumstances tend to give up and cleanliness is not one of their priorities.