Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Judy Bug Books

I took a trip to Judy Bug Books today. I'm looking for volumes that document wild flowers. The internet is a wonderful source of reference material, but sometimes I just want to thumb through a book. I found a couple of volumes in the stacks and I mean stacks. There are literally stacks of books everywhere. I guess that's the beauty of a used book store; you keep digging until you find what you're looking for and you might find a few treasures along the way. FYI, Judy Bug has a first edition copy of Alice in Wonderland. It's not for sale.

5 comments:

Birdman said...

One of the best places to hang when the world gets too crazy: a quite corner with books. Yeah!

Rob said...

Awefully difficult to have a laptop with internet connection in your back pocket wandering through the meadows. A book is handy, and gets pretty beat up over the years.

Jacob said...

Book stores are some of my favorite places; especially stores specializing in used books.

I think I'd love this place. And I doubt I could afford that first edition you mentioned even if it was for sale!

Rambling Round said...

I would love to thumb through the books in this place.

Hilda said...

We love used book stores! Even here in Toronto we've gone to several already. We have to send a box home, otherwise our luggage would be way overweight.

Love your shot — you caught the joy of browsing through used book stores perfectly.