Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What Was Lost is Found

*****
This Tupperware container represents about 20 years of photographic family memories. Interestingly enough, I marked each envelope with the location and date. Most of the original photos have been scanned and archived so I don't really need the negatives and I've been totally digital for at least eight years now. I am surprised, that after sitting in my attic, yes my attic, for 12 years, they are in surprisingly good condition. They are free of fingerprints and dirt and are supple as the day I brought them home from the photo developers (with a few exceptions that came out of their envelopes).
*****

4 comments:

Randy said...

Isn't it fun to find stuff like this! So many memories.

cieldequimper said...

I like this kind of Tupperware!

Jacob said...

I hope you saved the negatives. Digital storage is still iffy...and it's always better to scan negatives (or positives, if slide film) than the prints...

There's a place in California where you can get really good scans...but I think I told you that...

Re your comment on Florida Fotos...ABC Pet Resort tries to do a good job...the kennels have outdoor runs and they take the dogs for walks and let them swim in the pool...but Haley doesn't ever want to stay there!

Virginia said...

Bless you for keeping these treasures.