Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Muscogee County Courthouse - Now and Then

 
*****
The 'new' courthouse was constructed in the late '60's, early '70's.
The 'old' courthouse was demolished in the early '70's.
I prefer the postcard courthouse with the green space around it.
On the day I took this shot, yesterday, the Tea Party was having a tea party.
They didn't have any scones so I didn't hang around.
*****
 
*****
This is an example of Beaux Arts architecure. The courthouse was built in 1896.
Vintage postcard from the collection of Pat Sabin.
*****

4 comments:

Randy said...

I think I prefer it in the old days. It had so much character.

cieldequimper said...

I do too. Sorry but compared with the old, the new is horrible. I don't mean to offend but sometimes I just don't understand people...

Hilda said...

Aaw, I like the old one much better too. I really have a hard time appreciating mid-century modern.

Paula said...

Oh, dear without scones it just isn't a tea party. There's some serious contrast between the two court houses, I wonder if the judicial system is better or worse.