Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Goat Rock Lake

  
*****
Goat Rock Lake, Lee County, Alabama
Yesterday was TOMs b-day so we played hookie and went to the river.
TOM drowned a few worms and I took a few photos. I brought a book along, but never cracked it. 
It was a beautiful day. The temperatures were in the 70's and humidity was almost non-existent.
Catch of the Day - Relaxation
It doesn't get much better than this.
***** 
FYI, I had to climb over a stump and got tangled in some fishing line. 
My blackberry and I almost went into the water. 
TOM would have felt that was poetic justice. 
If you don't know what I am writing about, click here.
*****

5 comments:

Randy said...

I love playing hookie to run off to places like this. Such a beautiful photograph.

Rambling Round said...

Perfect day to play hookie, I'd say, and the perfect place to go! Love those deep colors.

uncertainhorizon said...

I haven't played hookie to do something like that before.... That looked like a ton of fun, be careful though!

Gunn said...

Beautiful colors,day and place!:)

Jacob said...

I know the Blackberry story! Heh, heh!

Not really too funny, though, as I just got a new smart phone - the Samsung Fascinate. Wouldn't want to lose it in the river.

What gorgeous colors here! Glad you had a good time. Our weather has improved, too. Ain't it wonderful?

I want also want to say that I really appreciated your comments on Colorado in Color. I didn't respond 'cause the comments didn't show up at first and I thought nobody was commenting...then all of a sudden comments showed up! I don't get it.

But thank you very much!