Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Great Future - Rich Past

 
*****
As our day of exploration was winding down we came upon Montezuma's water tower. 
The photo does not show the pretty colors, but I think you get the gist. 
This little town has an interesting history. The town was supposedly named for descendants of the Aztec Indians who came to live here. Montezuma is also home to a thriving Mennonite community. And they are surrounded by pecan groves, peach orchards, and cotton fields. 
You can read more here.
*****

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Love the water tower. Great shot! I always photograph water towers...well, when I can...

Montezuma sounds like a little town that has a lot going for it! Do you like it? I had no idea Aztecs actually settled in those parts - I read the entry but still find it rather hard to believe...