Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Again ...

*****
It was a beautiful morning so I decided to stop at the river on my way to work. I had the white balance settings wrong and all my shots were leaning toward the blues. I didn't care for the color so I neutralized the blues and this is what I ended up with. I actually like the 'retouched' colors. Additionally, I will be shooting for a week with a single focal length and no more than 36 shots at a time to improve my compositional awareness. Typically, I tend to 'crop' the shot. It will be interesting to see what happens. 
TGIF!
*****
focal length: 17mm/27mm equivalent 

7 comments:

aakhan.jor said...

brilliant. i only shoot with a 30mm lens. it has done wonders for my photography and i could never go back to using a zoom lens. i hope it opens up new horizons for you.

Madge said...

I love this image, the color and the composition are very good... do you shoot in RAW format? If so you can easily change the white balance in your post processing program if you made a mistake when you shot...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonderfully soft and pastel coloured reflection, such an appealing image.

Joan Perry; Sidewalk Curator said...

Very cool! I like it.

L.D. said...

Amazing! Looks like a movie scene.

Rachel said...

Yes, yes, yes, these colors are gorgeous! And I love the skyline with the water tower. It always grabs my attention. - I like to "warm" up my photos too. Sometimes I set my white balance to "cloudy" even when it isn't because the color comes out more true and less blue. But I have to be careful when I photograph people because sometimes they end up looking jaundiced. - I am glad that you are up and at 'em again. I hope that your back is back to normal!

Rae Walter said...

Beautiful capture. The retouching turned out superbly. Like the challenge you have given yourself with using a fixed lens. Great way the learn. Thank you also for visiting my blog. Much appreciated.