Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

And They're Off

*****
On our recent flight to Minnesota an interesting thing happened...we arrived at MSP about 20 minutes early. I tell you, I was dumbfounded. We had to sit on the taxi-way until the gate was cleared watching the Delta flights heading for destinations unknown. 
*****
One thing that always amazes me is that you cannot just pull into another gate if they are empty. At the Humphrey terminal, they have about 4 or 5 gates. They were all empty, except the one we were supposed to use to deplane. So instead we wait. 
*****

4 comments:

Lowell said...

A very familiar place. Both of Lois' parents are buried at the Fort Snelling cemetery.

The stupid delay reminds me again that private bureaucrats are no better than government bureaucrats and sometimes much worse, e.g. the Wall Street mess!

Rachel said...

That is really dumb! I can't believe that y'all were punished for being early! - My one experience with the MSP airport was harrowing. I had a connecting flight there and had to make it from one end of the terminal to the other with a baby on one arm and carry-on luggage on the other. Thank God that I won't ever have to do that again!

Lynette said...

No excuse for such rotten service. None.

cieldequimper said...

Groan... Try the larger airports!