Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Time to Catch Up

*****
I went to take a look at the new work on the river today. You can see here where they have built another construction road so they can work on the Georgia channel. I believe the Alabama channel in [almost] complete. From the13th Street bridge, you can see the back side of the P&E powerhouse. I will have to get around to the front soon to gt a shot without water running through it. It also appears that they have started some restoration work on the powerhouse buildings. It will be interesting to see what type of business finally takes up residence there. I heard that it will probably be a restaurant. 
*****

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Thank goodness for restoration and restaurants! Great photo.

Hilda said...

What are they doing to the river? The work looks massive. I like the idea of restoring the buildings. I'm afraid my country is very poor at that—most of our politicians don't have a sense of history. Or ecology, for that matter.

Halcyon said...

Looks like there's still quite a bit of work to be done! Must be a big project. :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Well if it is a restaurant Barb, it'll be a fab location when all is done and dusted! River views are always good.