Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Paint

At the local home improvement center buying chalkboard paint. TOM has been cleaning and organizing the garage and he discovered 2 sheets of plywood...just what I needed for a storage/organizer in my 'studio' and I thought it would be cool to paint the top with chalk board paint.

I almost got off task when I saw the magnetic primer, because I also wanted a chalkboard in the kitchen and how cool would that be to also be magnetic? TOM was against the magnetic primer; not a fan of magnets. So we compromised and I had the chalkboard paint tinted 'fresco red'. The base of the  shelf will be a gray that we had left over from painting the living room.

7 comments:

Hilda said...

It is waaay too easy to "get off task" in hardware stores. Off budget too. :p

Grant Blakeney said...

I'm with you... would be cool to be magnetic... but i like magnets.

Randy said...

Nice shot.

Lowell said...

Sounds like fun. And good for Tom. What's the problem with the magnetic paint, though?

RamblingRound said...

Can't wait to see your finished project!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You'll have to show us the finished project Barb..

VP said...

I just posted a 'paint' sign and I am always fascinated by hardware stores!