Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cupula at the Mott House

*****
It was a beautiful morning. As I strolled back to my office I looked up and realized that I had a pretty good shot of the Mott House and the cupula through the trees. The Mott House is nestled between our campus building and the parking garage. Another view of the Mott House from across the river is here and a monochrome version here.
*****
The house was built in 1839 and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1974. Some additional information about the house, can be read here.

2 comments:

Lowell said...

What an interesting story! Love that cupola, too. I'll bet many summer afternoon teas were held up there. I wonder if they made applesauce, too? :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I really like this perspective of Mott House Barb, it's a very attractive building, it has a European fell to it don't you think. Really like the black & white shot so much.