Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Monochrome Bowl and Corks

*****
I spent some time in my corner today with the camera. I photographed my African Violet, painting supplies, and this vintage bowl with not so vintage corks. The focus (pun intended) today was to work with exposure compensation. As I usually let the camera take care of exposure, this was an interesting exercise. The main purpose is to ensure that the Bride's dress is white and not gray when I shoot that wedding next week.
*****
I am participating in the Weekend in Black and White. Click the link to view more examples. 

11 comments:

HansHB said...

A great B&W post! Nice to study!
Happy Easter to you!

Julie Huston said...

Nice photo, I like it.

Lowell said...

I like this; nice and artsy. You'll do fine at the wedding!

Vane M. said...

Além do clique criativo, achei interessante sua explicação sobre a importância de testar os recursos da máquina, já que a usa profissionalmente. Um abraço!

Randy said...

That's an amazing shot.

Lynette said...

Splendid photo. I cannot imagine taking wedding photos, way more responsibility that I want to have. However, I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be prepared and perform to the satisfaction of everyone.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's good to play about a bit Barb, makes you feel a bit more confident..I think you're going to do a fab job next week..can't wait to hear about it and maybe see some of your shots. Try and relax this weekend :)

Monica said...

You have done a great job with your exposure exercise! Great light and lovely composition! Good luck with the wedding:)

RedPat said...

That's a great shot! You'll do well next week I'm sure.

cieldequimper said...

That's great! But how many bottles did you have?!!! Sorry, couldn't resist it!

Dragonstar said...

A nice still life. Very attractive.