Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Salem Antique Mall

*****
I took a drive out to Auburn, AL on Sunday. On my way I stopped at the Salem Antique Mall to get a shot of their mural for reasons to be disclosed later this week. The couple that own this shop, have built this nice little house right next door. They also own a Civil War era cabin right next door. I love the stone facade and the red doors. The white chairs in the foreground are a bit blown out because of the bright sun. If you are looking for old signage, this is the place. He has just about everything you can think of.
*****

5 comments:

Kate said...

Interesting building should entice passersby to come in and look around.

Randy said...

Oh I could do some real damage to my credit card there.

Lowell said...

Love stone buildings! Looks a little like a small Episcopal church, most of which in this country have red doors! :)

I like antique shops but they can be depressing. Most of what they sell are items I played with or otherwise used when I was a kid...I figure that must make me a real antique!

RamblingRound said...

What a cute little stone house!

Lowell said...

Hi Barb. You're very funny! "Specialized" treatment. Heh, heh.

Re Mt. Pisgah: Do any of your AME churches go by that name. I did some checking and found there are a lot of Mt. Pisgah AME churches - almost like another denomination! :)