Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wildflowers or Weeds?

*****
I guess that depends on your perspective. If you are Tom, they are weeds, the scourge of his existence and his desire to have a weed-free, golf-course green yard. To my son, they are headaches and a perpetually stuffy nose in the spring and fall. If you are me, you can see their beauty and appreciate them for what they are. They are resilient. They are survivors. They look the Tom's of this world in the eye and say 'screw you, I'm not going anywhere. Better luck next time, sucker!' 
*****
I read the story of Carlos Arrendondo today. The pain he's suffered is unimaginable and brought tears to my eyes, but he is resilient like the wildflowers; as are the rest of us Yanks. To all you who try to put us down, I say 'screw you, we aren't going anywhere.'
*****
I'll get off my soapbox now.
*****  

3 comments:

Patty said...

You go girl. We need more like you taking to the soapbox. I do find it very amazing how our country can pull together during bad times, it's a shame it takes a disaster for them to do it. We should be able to pull together as a country all the time, but that will never happen. Have a good day. Myself I don't know a weed from a flower if it has a pretty bloom on it.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh I'm with you..and the resident bug, these are wildflowers for sure, are they freesias? The smell would be divine.

Lowell said...

A rose is still a rose by any other name. But I'm not sure about a weed. I've seen some pretty nice weeds and, on the other hand, I've seen some pretty stinky flowers! :)

The recent event in Boston does create some rather vengeful thoughts. I find it so hard to comprehend how any human being or beings could be so despicable.

Nothing ever changes, it seems!