Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Relaxing Along the Chattahoochee

*****
I always seem to relax when I'm down by the river...or lake...or any body of water. I guess that most people would say water has a calming effect on them as well. The sound of the water rushing over the rocks, cold and clear. Many local people over the last couple of years have said that they would not eat the fish from or swim in this river, but I think they are referring to the river of old, when the run-off from the mills and the garbage from Atlanta polluted the river. Local groups have spent years cleaning up the garbage along the river bank and the Columbus water works tests the river three times a day: low flow, high flow, and low flow receding and they say the water is clean. As a non-expert, it looks clean to me and I would not be afraid if I happened to swallow a mouthful if I happen to fall out of a raft. Happy Tuesday. It's been a long day and I am heading to the rack.
*****  

9 comments:

linda eller said...

Sleep well. Bet the water is cleaner than it has been in times past for sure.

gregory urbano said...

i think i took off from that spot in the 1970's for a scout 50 mile canoe trip down the river!

Kate said...

It's a lovely scenic walkway. Wonderful when communities clean up pollution and then beautify the area.

Hilda said...

It looks lovely to me too. I also love the sound of running water.

longbeachpeninsuladailyphoto said...

There really is nothing more soothing than the sound of flowing water. This looks like a lovely spot to spend a peaceful afternoon.

Lowell said...

Don't fall out of a raft and/or your rack! Love this waterway and the walkway!

Halcyon said...

I also love being by the water, even if it's only a river or lake. There's something soothing about it. This looks like a nice place to be!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Sometimes when people get an idea in their head, it doesn't matter what changes, they ain't going to believe it :) The rack Barb??

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

It looks so inviting. Let us know how it goes.