Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

S'mores

 
*****
Not just for kids!!!
*****
As a kid I went for a charred outer layer and the seriously soft center of the marshmellow that was hot enough to melt the chocolate to an oozing mess. These days I am happy with a golden glow and the marshmellow just hot enough to soften the chocolate. Yes, there is chocolate in there, you just can't see it because of the oversized marshmellow created especially for making s'mores.
*****
S'mores, shorthand for 'some more', are a popular treat in the US. They originated with the Girl Scouts and are made of graham crackers, herseys milk chocolate, and marshmellows. They are a favorite treat for young and old when sitting around the camp fire. 
*****
S'mores must be 'cooked' over an open flame; a microwaved s'more just will not do.
If you interested, National S'mores Day is August 10.
*****

6 comments:

gregory urbano said...

delicious!!!

Hilda said...

Oh yummm!!!

linda eller said...

Loved them as a kid and still do as an adult. I know they arent as good in the microwave, but better than none at all!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Why am I getting an urge to light a camp fire right now Barb :)

Randy said...

That looks so tasty!

Lowell said...

National Smores Day? You've got to be kidding. Reminds me of the guy who said he only drinks on holidays and today was National Black Beetle Day!

Smores are one of Lois Anne's favorite foods!