Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Big Chicken - Cafe 431

*****
I love advertising kitsch. One of these days I am going to map out the roadside ephemera and take a road trip to photograph it all. I want to rent a classic convertible Cadillac (for comfort) or a 1963 Corvette Stingray Convertible (make that candy-apple red, please) and hit the road. Actually, any classic convertible will do, but this is my day dream so I get to pick the car.
*****
Anyway, back to the chicken. He is about 6 feet (Foghorn Leghorn, anyone) and resides in the median in front of Cage 431. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch. I have never eaten there, but the day I stopped to take this shot it was lunch time and they were busy. I may have to check it out one day...but it will have to be a Saturday. To hard to get there for lunch on a weekday. I am sure they serve down-home Southern cooking, which is best eaten on a Saturday anyway because you will need a nap after. \
*****

6 comments:

Kate said...

I'll help you drive the Corvette.

cieldequimper said...

Lol, I'll come with you, I love kitsch like this too!

Tanya Breese said...

yeah, make room for one more please!

Lowell said...

I saw a chicken almost identical to this in the middle of nowhere in southwestern Colorado!

gregory urbano said...

great composition in your image! very cool chicken, you should try to eat there soon and get some photos of the inside!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Can't wait to see the pictures from THAT trip Barb haha!(Especially with such a full passenger load) :))))