Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Golden Silk Orb Weaver

*****
These huge spiders, Golden Silk Orb Weaver, seem to be taking over the neighborhood. We have found them weaving their golden webs between the trees in several of our neighbors trees. I find them interesting and pretty. The females can be up to 2 inches not including the leg span. Apparently, the males are much smaller. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen one. The web itself is like a condo for arachnids. Anyway, happy Friday everybody.
*****

6 comments:

Lowell said...

Very nice and sharp, Barb. I remember the first time I saw one of these was in 1985 in south Florida and it was a wee bit frightening. Haven't seen many (or any) here in Ocala, though.

Randy said...

Wow, that is one big spider.

Linda said...

Cool spider! Excellent close-up photo.

cieldequimper said...

Fantastic shot. Good thing I'm not scared of (most) spiders!

VP said...

Not my favorite creature, but your photo is amazing!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow! Fab macro Barb...must say I'm terrified of spiders, even if they're tiny :)