Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Tiffany Blue Bokeh

****
I headed over to Linwood Cemetery this morning before work because it was expected to be hot and humid after work. The weatherman got that right. Going from the cool indoors to the hot, humid outdoors took my breath away, so I was doubly glad I took the time this morning to shoot a few. This is one of the Crepe Myrtle trees in the cemetery. It is shedding its bark to expose the smooth, painted texture underneath. It is natural for crepe myrtle trees to shed their bark once they reach full maturity. *****
Stay safe this Labor Day weekend.

5 comments:

Randy said...

Beautiful tree.

Kate said...

Another interesting detail I never would have learned if I were not blogging!! Good illustrative photo.

Kate said...

Another interesting detail I never would have learned if I were not blogging!! Good illustrative photo.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Perfect title for this lovely shot Barb..some of our Eucalyptus trees shed their bark leaving the beautifully smooth trunk uncovered.

Gregory Urbano said...

Have a good weekend to you too! Great capture!