Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Theme Day - Pink

*****
If I am ever placed to rest in a cemetery, I would hope my family would place a monument such as this. It makes a statement and has presence, but is not overpowering. I do plan on cremation, but for some reason, I want to be in a location that my family can come to visit me. Does that sound strange? I will have to give this some more thought.   
*****
Gertrude Garrard Harris
March 1928
*****
This is my contribution to the City Daily Photo group theme day. Check out other 'in the pink' contributions from around the world here.
*****
http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/september-gallery-pink.html

10 comments:

Jack said...

It is a lovely cross. I want to be cremated, too, but I also want to have a bench in a nearby public garden with my name on it.

LONDONLULU said...

I've had thoughts like that too, a nice find and peaceful looking place.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It's very pretty but as you say, not overpowering.

cieldequimper said...

Yes, thankfully it looks peaceful.

Cremation for me and no reminders left I hope.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Excellent choice for this theme day. Have a good week!

Tanya Breese said...

beautiful!

Lynette said...

You've made a thought-provoking choice for your theme day post. Fine photo, too.

VP said...

Unusual and touching contribution. I tend to agree...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love this choice for theme day Barb, the perfect touch of pink and a very pretty cross. I haven't thought about it much, I suppose I should..I am getting on a bit :))))

Hilda said...

I like the flowers sculpted on the cross. Very pretty.