Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Fun at the Flea Market


*****
We had some fun at the flea market yesterday. The number of vendors was astronomical. I mean really, more than I could count on my fingers and toes. The Hog Wild vendor was selling (and making custom) wood signs. He had quite a selection, but personally I was really attracted to this one!
*****
*****
In addition to all the vendors, the number of shoppers beat out Wally World any day of the week. And better deals too! This young man was trying to decide which of the two bats will give him the most RBIs and home runs this season. I bet he chose the bat with the flames. Wouldn't you?
*****
*****
On our stroll thru the last (thankfully covered row because it was starting to get hot) we came across this young fella with a couple of geese. He told us he and his wife have a pond behind their house and he thinks the geese will be very happy there. I think so too.
*****
It is raining here today, so we will be involved with indoor pursuits like reading, napping, and maybe a DVD. 

5 comments:

Lowell said...

That sounds like a "real" flea market and not one of those that sells a lot of brand-new junk fresh off the boat from China. Great set of photos - lots of interest. I like the geese!

cieldequimper said...

It looks like I would have had a seriously good time there too. Now I'm wishing I had a pond!

William Kendall said...

It looks very busy!

The geese look quite inquisitive.

Hilda said...

The market looks and sounds like a lot of fun! The man with the geese made me smile. I hope they like their new home.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can see two happy geese swimming in that pond Barb.. Your rainy day pursuits sound very appealing, we had a little rain oner the weekend, at long last and I did the same thing :) looking forward to much more rain.