Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Uptown Fountain

*****
The new mural on Broadway. I like the bright colors, but I think Columbus' first large-scale mural could have been more representative of the area. Or am I being an ol' fogey? Painted for Artbeat 2014, it catches the eye for sure. I used a lomo effect that really brought out the colors in the mural. And how about the golden patina on that fountain?
*****
Mural painted by Hense
Combining the language and techniques of graffiti art with the formal language of abstract painting, Hense has produced artworks that incorporate line, shape, and gesture to create abstract compositions that are invigorated by the quick pace and commentary of street culture.
*****
Like the mural? You can read more about Hense here.

3 comments:

Lois said...

I do like what you did with this!

William Kendall said...

The mural and the fountain are quite vibrant!

RedPat said...

What a contrast in styles!